Thursday 20 September 2012

Abandon and Fold - Oh Captive



Oh Captive are an alternative rock band from Bristol. They have always been a band I've heard about but never really dug further into them. But after hearing this single I am intrigued to see where this band are going in the future because they can really get up to some amazing things.
The song starts with a really strong introduction which I think is a really captivating introduction because it allows the strong to be strong. As a personal opinion I'd say the vocal line is rather basic but this works well with the song due to the different parts each being fairly strong in itself meaning that there isn't an over-powerment to the entire song. After listening to it about 3 times in a row I found myself already trying to sing along with it which is a great strength of a song because it clearly means that it will be enjoyed. The chorus itself is very simple by involving a stronger built up section but this works well within the song as the music builds up and drops which will keep the listener involved in the song. I really like the break down section which appears towards the end of the song where the vocals are taken to an acapella level before the song hits back into the chorus. The end of this song is a little more abrupt than would be expected where the vocals stop and the tempo decreases but it does provide a fulfilling ending to the song.

This is only my opinion, music is subjective to anyone so let me know what you think and I'm sure Oh Captive would love to know what you think to.

This single can now be downloaded on Amazon.
www.facebook.com/ohcaptive

Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment