Sunday 21 August 2011

Weekly Update

Week commencing: 15th August 2011

A lot has happened  this week, we've had A Level results, it's amazing the effect a piece of paper can have and in the world of TV, we've had the V Festival highlights and performances being shown. Which look amazing, I really wish I was there. I am very jealous of some friends that went. X factor is back on our screens, it won't be long before we get the final few and everyone starts picking their favourites. We've seen some talented auditions already. I have to say that I am liking the Xtra Factor a big more hosted by Caroline Flack and Olly Murs, I just wish I could hear them chatting all day long. And of course there is Big Brother, which this is my first time ever watching and I am only watching in all honesty to see Jedward. It looks like it'll be an interesting series.

Broken Hands have released information on gigs appearing in Deal, London and Canterbury tickets of which are very cheap. They are hoping to get as much interest in them as possible.Spector are going to be playing at the Reading and Leeds Festivals performing on the BBC Introducing stages. Room 94 have announced they are joining the Stop, Drop, Rock tour, tickets only cost £5/£6 (£8 in London) and they are coming to places all over the UK. Hopefully I will get to see them this time. Room 94 are playing with a number of other unsigned bands at these venues, I'll look into them and give you a post about each of the bands when I get a chance too.

Olly Murs has released his new single Heart Skips A Beat; it came out in the early hours of today. And One Direction also released their new song; What Makes You Beautiful this week. I'll be honest, I thought the video would be a lot better than it actually is especially after the large hype which has been generated by it.

Rumours of Cheryl Cole appearing in Glee have now all been denied and the whole thing was a rumour. Matt Cardle has released information that he is planning his debut album release. Justin Bieber gets a street named after him in Texas. Lady Gaga has released her You and I music video many days before it's official release date after tweeting a link to the video.


This week's top three is, third is She Makes Me Wanna by JLS, second is Promises by Nero. And current number one which I have already mentioned is What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. I shall leave you with your number one from this week.



Do you have any music news to share?
Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment