Thursday 6 September 2012

The Getaway Tour


On 7th June 2012 I went to the Getaway tour stop in London, the bands playing that night in running order were 14 Car Pile Up, A Story To Tell, My Forever, FranKo and No Lights at Lockdown.

It was an amazing night and I'd never been to a gig at the o2 Academy before so that was a new experience in itself. It was a great gig though, it was a mixture of experiences because people had clearly just come to see one band instead of the whole line up so the dance floor was constantly changing in between bands. It was still nice though and people made the most of the experience.
And it was so lovely to get to meet some of the guys afterwards because they were uber lovely every single one of them, all selling themselves to us and their music. It was great to see such a passionate bunch of people.

Please excuse the video quality for all bands, I wasn't too focused on getting a perfect shot so most are very rough/out of focus and such forth but it still portrays the idea of the night and gives you a bit of a taster of the night that we had.

14 Car Pile Up


This band playing were a surprise to me, I didn't know who the local support were until I walked through the door and saw a 14 Car Pile Up t-shirt draped across a sofa ready to be bought. I have always liked this band yet I never really know when they are performing so as you can well imagine with me, it made me a very happy person. It was awesome to see them there. They performed a great set and really got the crowd into their music. It was a great choice for opening band.

A Story To Tell


A story to tell were great, they clearly had put a lot of effort into preparing to tour and that showed through their music. For such a young group of guys they had a brilliant connection with the audience which really meant that they were able to get everyone pumped. It was a strong start to the night from both beginning bands.

My Forever


This was the band I mainly went to see, more because I had been bugged constantly about going from a certain member so it only seemed fitting to make sure I went. The guys were great and it was great to finally get to meet them especially to see the new line up in action. For a new group of guys performing together they really seemed to gel together well which was really nice to see.

FranKo


I was very intrigued to see FranKo live, I have heard so much about them and they seem to have such a popular name attached to them. And they met up to my expectation with it all, they were very exciting to watch on stage and Tommy Bastow connected with the crowd magnificently but it was clear that the whole band together were the ones winning the crowd over and everyone was truly ready for the headliners by this time.

No Lights at Lockdown (video taken from Bristol)


 
Now my No Lights at Lockdown knowledge was slightly minimal before the gig, I knew a few of their songs so I was able to have a little dance to them. But since then I've become a big fan, I'm looking forward to getting to see them again in October whilst they are on tour again. Chris Edge really does know how to work a crowd and that is clearly the bonus of having a singer who doesn't play an instrument as they are then able to connect with the crowd.

I hope to see them again in October and hopefully you will get to see them to especially with their support acts of StakeOut and Beyond Recall.

Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment