Monday 20 August 2012

Tour - Thank yous

Sorry for being a bad blogger again, I keep saying I'll try harder. Tour was such an amazing experience and it was great to get to know so many people. There was such an aray of shows the whole tour which meant that nothing was boring.  Here is a little highlight and also my big thank you message -

I’ll be the first to admit that not every moment of this tour was perfect because it truly wasn’t, I know I tried my upmost best to make it but it doesn’t always happen. I have been able to meet a lot of great people and hopefully will remain in touch with a fair few because there have been so many good memories that I will hold onto for a long time because of this adventure. I still think it was 
an ultimately crazy one off plan and I still blame Conor Ferris for his words of advice in this situation that actually kicked me into action. I know that a profit was made which I will work out when my head is a lot less tired and capable of counting with big numbers. I really want to say thank you to all the people who took the time to come down to one of the gigs, none of it would have been possible with you because you are the people that made it all worth it. I have a massive thank you to say to each venue that we visited and thank you for each one being incredibly supportive and forever helpful with each situation. 

I want to say a big thank you to all the people who let me crash at their house so 
Chloe Bishop, Emma Bishop ,Emmyleigh Louise and Lee Harman – thank you to you all for making me feel so welcome, I really appreciate you letting me stay as it made everything so much easier and having a cosy bed each night has just about allowed me to sustain some energy.

 

It all began in Bristol a week ago and if you know me well then you will know how long I’ve been dying to get to Bristol and it so met with my expectations. A really big thank you to all the bands (sorry I am going to give up on the tagging each member possible approach) who played here Nathan Detroit and Show it off, it was lovely to see you both. A massive thank you to Lewis Cannon for the last 
minute stepping in, it wasn’t worth it in the end but we had fun with it. And a massive massive thank you to Daryl Goose Clark who has probably put up with me bugging him about something or the other for months on end. 

Unfortunately I decided to cancel Liverpool due to bands dropping out and deciding that in all honesty it would be best to cancel the show instead of running a half hearted gig. But I still want to thank the bands that would have been playing for the kind words and effort from 
A City's Hero and Above The Noise. 

Bolton was a lot of fun; it was great to be in FYI’s hometown. It produced the first ever mosh pits and wall of death at one of my gigs which did slightly terrify me at times but it is all a bit of harmless fun. Thank you to all bands from the night Beneath Rayne 
Tainted Memories and Autumn Ruin . It was a good night full of lots of friendly people. And a well due thank you to George Berry and especially for not blowing anything up also, it would have been a mess without you. Plus the lovely security gents we had (Ben and Adam), it all made the whole night a lot more interesting. So Thank you one and all. 

I apologise for the overuse of the phrase Thank you within this but I am so thankful (corny I know but I am)

 

Leicester was a lot of fun, it was the night to stand at the back and have a bit of a dance. A big thank you to Katy Sharman for being my beautiful assistant for the night and helping me out. It made it so much easier having you there to help me. A big thank you to Tangled Wire for bringing everything and performing an amazing set. Also thanks toBeneath The Lights and of course Marty Jackson for 
coming up to Leicester to play, I really appreciate your efforts as you very much know but it still needs to be said.

I confess by far that London was the worst show of the entire tour, which was a little deflating because the others had been much better. But it was one of those moments to learn from your mistakes and think how to improve it for the future. So a big thank you to the bands that came out for the last night 
8th Time Luckie, These City Lights, The Hotelles and Relentless In Love.

Some thank you’s to 
Gemma Walsh and Dave Maxwell for both of yours continuous support all the time and always being willing to help me solve any problems that I’ve had. I thank you a lot.

 

I hadn’t forgotten you guys so I have to say a massive thank you to 7 Day Weekend for coming out to play, it’s been amazing to get to know you all Calan Nickle , Clayton Leah, Dan Hancox , Tom Hancox , John Handy and Lee Harman. There has been a lot of laughs with you guys, lots of moments where you almost break things and lots of crazy dancing. I hope that it’s not too long until I get to see you
 all again. I miss you already and it’s only been a few days without you all. Thank you so much for your time and the fun, it’s been good. 

And of course a massive massive thank you to 
FYI (For Your Information) whom nothing is ever a problem for, it’s been a week of damn right fun and full on laughter and lots and lots of tiredness. It’s been a lot of fun and thank you for looking after me all the time. It was great to have Jenny around too for all the help she gave me but also to know that there was another girl around. It has been honestly brilliant Luke Warm Gregory, Danny Fyi Gregory and Lewis Fyi Brindle it’s been an utter breeze with you guys. I will make an effort to watch family guy just for you because I know how much you love it. My words aren’t forming all the things I want to say to you but thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will always be here for you guys no matter what happens and I hope that I’ll be able to help you out just as much as you have been there for me.

 

Sorry for all the babble there, I hope it all made sense and it was such a brilliant thing to be a part of.

 

Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment