Sunday 22 January 2012

Weekly Update

Week Commencing: Monday 16th January 2011
Quick 2 minutes

It'll all be pretty much on tours at this rate but I'll start with the Indee Rose Rock tour (again)  with the awesome line up taking place in May and you can get tickets from here: http://www.o2academyislington.co.uk/event/36876/indee-rose-rock-tickets/Details

The whole red bull bedroom jam is starting to confuse me on how the buzz chart works because the band with the top votes is hardly ever in the chart which seems disappointing as they have something like 15,000 votes and currently the top buzz band has 2,600 votes. I really don't understand it, but I can sadly tell you that FYI decided to drop out of the competition because they felt that they didn't have the right sound for the competition and have decided to focus on their music as a whole. And I can tell you that what they have instore for 2012 should be amazing. So this does mean that I have had to find a new band to support in the competition and I've adopted Show it Off, so we are all basically just trying to crack the buzz chart and find out the most effective form of promotion. If anyone knows how to then let me know? Because everything that I've found out is just hopeless and I seem to be walking around in circles of nothingness. But remember you can still vote for as many different bands as you like so share a little love for Show it off whilst you are there? In all seriousness though there are some really awesome bands involved in this competition so take a look and you might find one that you like.
www.redbullbedroomjam.com

Another bit of news, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet is that Room 94 are supporting Twenty Twenty on their May tour. Along with FutureProof who will also be supporting them but it'll be intersting to see how that works out and I'm guessing that it'll be an honestly amazing tour. But it will be really good for FutureProof and Room 94 - I think after this tour their whole music careers will completely change and that they will be much bigger. I could be wrong but this is my prediction, it'll really effect their popularity and both bands deserve that.

Also tour info, this amazing tour called "Don't be a hatour" - that is the poster and there are some really awesome bands. I so hope that they find a London date because I really want to see Show it Off in tour and also the other bands are immensly awesome so if you are near any of these places then make sure you check out some of these bands.  I am so excited about this tour it is unreal and I'm not even going to be at it yet, I shall keep you updated especially if they find a London date most likely with a whole post in capitals. Tickets are being released at the start February so make sure you get hold of yours.

Not that I do jealousy but I am very jealous of a local school, Kaleidophone went there on Friday and ran some instrument/songwriting workshops for the students before playing a mini gig in the afternoon. That is what I call a good day of schooling, things that good never happen to me and my educational life. From what I've heard it was a really great day for the students and Kaleidophone thoroughly enjoyed their time there.

I really need to learn to keep this section to two minutes long but there is a lot going on lately to be excited about. 

UK Chart
This weeks top three consist of David Guetta with Tittanium in third, second spot has been taken by the Rizzle Kicks with Mama Do The Hump and of course this weeks UK number one is Jessie J with Domino.

 

Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment