Friday 16 December 2011

The Sun Explodes

The Sun Explodes are a five piece rock band from Carlisle, Cumbria, UK. (I did have to look on google to work out where it was, its very North of the country). The group formed in May 2009 from the remains of two previous bands, it clearly shows that although one music plan was over for them by coming together in The Sun Explodes that they were still up for giving music a big chance in their life. The band have recently produced their debut album named Emergence which has been self-produced which is available on all the normal places (iTunes, Amazon, BigCartel). I love the way this band have taken their actions into their own hands and produced their own album instead of waiting around for someone else to make it happen. This band do seem very lovely when looking through their Twitter which is always nice because they are happy to talk to their new and existing fans.

You can:
- visit their website www.thesunexplodes.com
I do think that this band have their own sound and every song of theirs that I have listened to has been different and I wouldn't compare them together yet they are something that would work well together on an album as it is always something different for their listener. As a personal response to them, I'm unsure because some songs that I listen to don't excite me at all but then others I really enjoy so I have a mixed view on them. I'd love to see them perform live to get a final opinion on them. This is them performing their own song Honour Bound.
Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment