Sunday 15 January 2012

Weekly Update

Week Commencing: Monday 9th January 2011

Quick 2 minutes

I'm starting to get crazily excited for all the tours that are taking place this year, I just wish that I had enough money to attend them all because there are some really awesome bands hitting the roads. I'll try to update you on as many as I can but it is easy to forget but I'd say that pretty much any developing band will be touring this year. Talking of tours Room 94's loud noises tour is in March but they are also planning an August tour already as they have asked to take The Survival Code with them. I was more than excited when I found out this news and demanded The Survival Code to do it. So fingers crossed we will be seeing them around more too. I can also inform you that Kaleidophone are going to be releasing some new material soon so make sure you keep an eye out for that.

Stop Drop Rock TourAnd I can now officially tell you about the April Stop, Drop, Rock tour. This is the one that I am uber excited about especially because of the line up. It's being organised in a really cool way where the bands alternate each time for who will headline the show. I admit I'm a little upset that Taking Hayley aren't going to be headlining in London but The Famous Class are which will be even better. Also involved is My Extraordinary, The City Calls and then support will be given from Hollywood. The way it works is that all 5 bands will perform at each stop of the tour and then each band will headline their own home town show. It's only a four stop tour so unfortunately it's not that long but hopefully there is one close enough to you that you can go along to. Tickets for Newcastle, Southampton and Birmingham are £6 and then tickets for London are £7, I hate the way London is always more expensive but some things are out of our control due to London being an expensive place.

This section is not going to be two minutes long this time, but I just wanted to give a shout out to FYI and ask little favour, could you all please rate FYI (5 stars would be good) on the Red Bull Bedroom Jam. They are a really great band but because they aren't a stereotypical band for the competition people aren't being very nice. The idea of these competitions is to support and promote not all the negative attitude, it's just shameful for people to act in that way. That is the reason why some music competitions get a bad reputation because of the people that do things like that. It'd be really great if you could just spare a few seconds of your time to vote for them, they've worked really hard and they deserve to do well. Plus they are really lovely people and have been really supportive to me. It's time to give something back, so pretty please drop them a quick (5 star) vote. It'd mean the world to me and I know it would to them too. Thank you very much to all of you that do vote for them, of course its down to you to vote for who you like as a band and I know that I've also voted for a couple of other bands in the competition but that is the great thing about it you can vote for as many different bands.  


UK Chart

This weeks number three is Mama Do the Hump by Rizzle Kicks, in second place is Good Feeling my Flo Rida and this weeks number one is by the wonderful Jessie J with Domino. This is this weeks number 1.


Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment