Tuesday 30 August 2011

Weekly Update

Week Commencing: 22nd September 2011
As can be expected a lot has happened in the music world, I have about 50 bands to write about so hopefully you will enjoy them. Some are not my personal taste but they are still good bands so deserve a mention.
The Wanted are back of their well earned holiday and after hitting the stage at the V Festival jetted off to LA to work on some new material. There are rumours that they are working with N'Dubz on some new songs.

Broken Hands have announced tour dates listed below. If you've got some spare time and are near any of these venues then I'd certainly recommend popping down and seeing them.
Canterbury - Aug 26 - The Farmhouse
Deal - Sep 02 - Smugglers Festival

Bristol - Sep 19 - The Louisisana w/Kill It Kid
Manchester - Sep 21 - The Deaf Institute w/Kill It Kid
Cardiff - Sep 22 - Clwb Ifor Bach w/Kill It Kid

Margate
- Sep 30 - Totally Wired
London - Oct 05 - DEATH DISCO @ Notting Hill Arts Club

Amsterdam - Oct 13 - Melkweg w/ Band Of Skulls
Hamburg - Oct 14 - Molotow w/ Band Of Skulls
Berlin - Oct 15 - Levee w/ Band Of Skulls
Cologne - Oct 17 - Gebaude 9 w/ Band Of Skulls
Paris - Oct 18 - La Maroquinerie w/ Band Of Skulls
Brussels - Oct 19 - Botanique/Orangerie w/ Band Of Skulls
Continuing on with Broken Hand's news is that on the 3rd October will be the debut release date for purchases of their new single on vinyl or to download. The single entitled Brother is going to be released by AED records.

Big Brother has seen the lose of Sally last week but that's all I can say about that, Jedward still manage to amaze me with their amazing stunts and then their kindness since being in the house.

Twenty Twenty have released their new music video entitled Move It. Which for some reason which is utterly beyond me it will not let me insert the video into my blog post but if you just typed it into YouTube it will be the first video that it pops up.
X Factor will certainly be one to watch, it'll be interesting to see who gets put through to the judges houses. Hopefully this year we will get an amazing group, although One Direction and JLS have been great examples of the groups that can come from X Factor.

TheBostonPlan are playing in Turo on the 2nd September and then will be back for the 8th October playing at the Freshers week at Watermans, Falmouth. I hope my Freshers week will be as good as that one is going to be.

Reading personally hasn't excited me this year, I am not feeling all that jealous of the people there. But they have been fortunate enough with the weather and BBC3 has kept all of us home stayers in the loop with whats been going on. Saying that I did watch Muse performing on BBC3 and they put on quite a show, it looked really impressive.

This weeks UK number three is Maroon 5 with moves like jagger, second was Calvin Harris with feel so close  and of course the UK number one was . I shall leave you with Olly Murs and Rizzle Kicks performing Heart Skips a Beat, sorry it's not the official video yet again my video insert isn't letting me chose that version.




Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment